Re: Possible engine swap for Tr6

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Possible engine swap for Tr6
From: Ed McGuirk <emcguirk@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 22:57:15 -0400
The truth is that any well done engine swap into a TR6 will have to replace
almost the whole drivetrain especially at 300 HP. There will be almost
nothing left but the shell.

I've got a couple of fetishes. I want less weight and more HP. If I was
going to try it, I would probably want to give a supercharged rotary engine
a try. That would be about 300HP and a few hundred pounds lighter. (I
already know the exhaust won't sound right though)

There are so many British cars I would think about butchering for this idea
but I have kind of a soft spot for keeping the TR6 relatively intact.

But then, I'm just nuts.
Ed McGuirk