RE: water pump -- dry start

To: "'Bernie'" <bernd.vabeach@erols.com>,
Subject: RE: water pump -- dry start
From: "Vink, Graham" <vinkg@fleishman.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 08:51:40 -0500
that specific tech tip is mentioned in the 10/1/01 Moss catalog for TR6s
(don't know if it's in the most recent catalog), so you're not making it up.
The tip recommends either spinning the pump (off the engine) by holding it
up next to a wire brush on a bench grinder, for example, or installing the
pump, starting the engine without coolant, and letting it run for 30 seconds
of so.

I personally would oppose Plan B, because I'm the kind of person who would
then get distracted by something and forget to add coolant at all.

Graham