RE: Details

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Details
From: Will <tr6@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 16:32:32 +0100
>re the "turned" fuel filler cap, I would guess that it was just a hasty
>Monday morning/Friday afternoon piece of work by a member of the superb
>British Leyland work force ... If it was turned, it would be harded to fuel
>from one side than the other, increasing the likelihood of scratching the
>flawless paint applied by the superb British Leyland work force.
>
>BTW, welcome to the list!

My guess: The car was shipped with the cap in line with the body, the
Photographer thought it looked better at 90 degrees, the Art Director
wanted it at 45. The brochure was printed before anyone at Leyland
saw it, and they didn't notice it...Probably all would be amazed
we're talking about it 30 years later.

--
William Davies
1975 TR6 PI