I Feared The Worst

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: I Feared The Worst
From: "Paula J. Graffam" <pjgraffam@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 08:08:50 -0400
Listers - Since my last posting I've been informed by my mechanic that
the engine, indeed, has to come out for a crank grind or replacement, one
connecting rod replacement (i.e. lower end work).

Since the thing is out I'm going for a total tune-up on the upper half as
well,(rings, mill down the head, etc.)  For those in the know, what other
attention to detail do I need to be aware of?  What would you ask my
mechanic to pay special attention to without insulting him.  I have
decided to leave the cam alone.  Of course, I'm very disappointed in how
this ended but once the engine is done I'll feel like I'm driving a new
car. In fact it is!  It just came out of the body shop/paint job.

In my limited search for a rebuilt motor I found one going for $2,500
without labor costs.  So far, the estimate my mechanic is giving me is
$2,000 total, including parts. If we hold the line I'll feel a little
satisfied.  Now I have to wait - something I don't do well.  I might get
the car back by the end of next week. As stupid as this might sound, the
first thing I'll be looking for is if they got the bonnet lined up with
even seams along the body fenders and front valance. It took the body
shop 2 hrs. to get it right!!!

Regards,
Al Graffam 74TR6  French Blue

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!