RE: Roll Bars - Do they add to safety?

To: "Vink, Graham" <vinkg@fleishman.com>, "'Jerry Shaw '"
Subject: RE: Roll Bars - Do they add to safety?
From: "Neil Beesley" <Neil.Beesley@securesult.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 15:13:50 +0100
Doubtless the metal of the rear shelf would twist and stretch, but it'd
still take a lot of energy out of any impact, and there's a good chance
you'd still have the bar wedged upright against some part of the tub when it
came to rest.

Guess there's only one way to find out (!) but compared to the resistance of
the windscreen frame to the weight of the car when flipped, I wouldn't want
to be without one...

JMHO

Regards,

Neil