Re: Ignition Switch Wiring

To: John Griffiths <John.Griffiths@uregina.ca>, $SENDER@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ignition Switch Wiring
From: Dale <tpdwinch@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 15:31:53 -0700 (PDT)
John

Going by "Dan Master's " book it appears that the
72 Tr-6 used a four wire ignition switch.
" 2 large brown, < both brown wires go to the
battery/starter/fuse box these are at the 2 & 4
position on the switch -appears to be associated
with the top terminal of the four wire switch + >

a red/yellow, < the six wire only shows a
white/red wire - this goes directly to the
starter # 1 on six wire - associated with the
bottom terminal + >

large white, < #3 on six wire goes to ballast
resister/warning lamp-volt meter/fuse box -
associated with right side of the + <terminal
does the same on as on the 72

brown/red stripe,  < #6 on six wire switch - goes
to anti run on valve - no association

large red and white < see above if red stripe

#5 terminal is white with a pink stripe and goes
to the radio.

Hope this helps

Dale
--- John Griffiths <John.Griffiths@uregina.ca>