Head work - recommendations for machine shop

To: 6 Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Head work - recommendations for machine shop
From: Shane Ingate <madmax_xx@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 09:45:46 -0400
All,

I just picked up a Circle-B head, and am going to ship it off to a reputable
and experienced machine shop.  I would like some recommendations on shops
with considerable experience in building performance motors.  Names and
phone numbers please, because I will need to have a lengthy discussion with
the shop on my needs, and their suggestions.

JK Jackson and Richard Good are certainly high on the list.  PAECO in
Alabama also come highly recommended.

Work I would like done is:
    - mill the head for 9.6:1 compression
    - line-bore the cam bearings to accept needle bearings
    - port-matching (I'll be sending the manifolds with the head)
    - conversion to roller-rockers
    - tubular pushrods
    - contour combustion chambers
    - glass-peen head
    - gas-flow ports and valve pockets
    - 3-angle valve seats
    - if there is any money left, cc the chambers

The head has been magnafluxed.

I believe that this is the most crucial aspect of building horsepower and
torque (building a survivable motor is the the other crucial ingredient), so
no expense will be spared.

If people have already gone this route, and could share with me their
experiences and advice, I would be delighted to hear from you.

Thanks in advance,

Shane Ingate
Maryland, USA