RE: Fuel gauge floats

To: "'Bob Greene'" <rgreene@whoi.edu>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Fuel gauge floats
From: "Bernard Robbins" <brobbins@wlg.nec.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 08:53:58 +1200
Hi Bob,

Yes I had have had to seal one of these floats in the past. The float had a
small pin hole where the plastic joint had given way after many years of
being submerged in petrol. The product I used was RTV silicon sealant
(nicknamed elephant snot). This is the stuff used to hold fishtanks
together.

I had that car for 5 years afterwards and never had another problem.

HTH
Bernard

71 2500 PI
73 TR6 PI