Fwd: brake calipers, piston removal

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: brake calipers, piston removal
From: StuBeatty@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 19:57:30 EST
Thanks for the info, however the entire hydraulic system, master cylinder,
servo etc has all been removed from the car for painting. I will be
inspecting the pistons later, but after 25 years I imagine they will likely
need replacing.
As to your comments regarding silicone brake fluid, I've heard the same thing
from several other people and they all recommend bleeding the system a few
times to remove the air bubbles. Many people have complained about softer
brakes or a spongy feel to the pedal after installing silicone. If  the
system is bled several times as you suggested, then the "soft" pedal
disappears.

Stuart Beatty
76 Carmine
Belleville Ontario