Re: Door Alignment

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, dcooper@paciolan.com
Subject: Re: Door Alignment
From: sue & bob <kraeuter@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 23:52:12 -0500
Dwayne,

It's funny you should mention this.  I'm in process of putting my TR
back together after a frame off restoration.  I've had a devil of a time
re-hanging the passenger door.  I've played around with the shims
holding the rear end of the body to the frame and have had limited
success in evening up the gap.  It's even more difficult when you're
trying to align the front edge of the doors to the A-post.

The only advice I can give you is to make sure that the door is hanging
properly at the A-post before messing with the rear of the body.  Be
careful, because shimming up one side of the rear part of the body more
than the other side will cause more of the rear of the frame to show
underneath the valance and may make it look unbalanced.

I don't know how one gets those door gaps perfect - it may not be
possible.  We  may just have to settle for close enough.

Good luck.

Bob Kraeuter
'72