Help w Fuse box wires

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Help w Fuse box wires
From: Russ Pagano <pagano@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 10:45:18 -0500
On my 71 there are 3 white wires going to the fuse box. I can't figure out
where the 3rd one goes and it is shorted to ground. I've traced one to the
ignition switch, another to the coil as all the wiring diagrams show. No
wiring diagram shows 3 white wires. I've poke around behind the dash and
can't find any other destinations or find any damage to the harness. It
looks like the 3 wire set up came from the factory since the harness doesn't
look butchered and the unknown grounded white wire's insulation is molded to
the wire it is on the same terminal with (to coil). Oh yes, it runs and all
the electricals seems to function with the bad wire disconnected. I just
don't like the idea of a grounded white (ignition) wire hanging around. Any
ideas?
Russ Pagano