interior light plinth,etc

To: "'6pack@autox.team.net'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: interior light plinth,etc
From: "Knight, James" <James.Knight@purchase.edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 08:33:40 -0500
Walt:
The plinth on my ''71 is covered in a fabric that matches, more or less, the
interior, which is New Tan.  It was in about the same shape as the rest of
the interior when I bought my car (in very sad shape) in 1982, so I would
guess that it was original to the car.  I would describe the texture of the
fabric, which has a very fine, short nap, as more like flocked than like
velour.   It isn't flocked, just has a similar look.  It really is some kind
of napped fabric.  On the glove box info plate, mine is just as Mark R.
described both on placement and attachment.  Good luck on your project.
Mine took me seven years working on and off, but it was worth the effort
when I got it back on the road.  The first drive was quite a rush.

Jim Knight
'71 TR6