Interior light & glove box spec plate

To: "6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>, "Walter Fogle" <lbc4me@hotmail.com>
Subject: Interior light & glove box spec plate
From: "Rex Townsend" <rrt@connectexpress.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 21:39:26 -0800
Hi Walt,
    My interior light base was black (the color of my interior) but another
one that I "rescued" from a red interior wreck also was black.  I suspect
these lights were just black and chrome, regardless of the interior color.
About the tire pressure plate on the back side of the glove box door - these
are glued on.  I bought a new dash a few years ago from TRF and replaced the
little spec plate as well.  It came with adhesive already on the back of the
plate, so all I had to do was center the plate, remove the tape and press it
on.  It looks just the original one did on the back of the original glove
box door.
    Now, I have a question for you or any one else who knows the early TR6s
well.  Did all TR6s have the little British Leyland badges on the front
fenders (wings), even the earliest cars that were actually made during late
1968?  Mine doesn't have them, but it had one respray many years ago, so
it's hard to tell if it had the little badges when it was new.

Rex Townsend
Bainbridge Island, WA