Re: Lifting TR6 engine for cam removal

To: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>
Subject: Re: Lifting TR6 engine for cam removal
From: Walt Boeninger <walt_boeninger@hp.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 14:00:46 -0800
Block and tackle slung over a rafter and lift it?

Actually, using a jack with a a good piece of wood should
be safe....

BTW.. YMMV !

Hugh Fader wrote:

> Hello. I have decided I will indeed be changing cams on my TR6. I reviewed the
> shop manual procedures and found that the motor mount must be loosened and the
> engine raised a bit to slide the cam through the grille openeing. I hestitate
> to just put a floor jack under the oil pan. Anybody have other suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Hugh Fader

 ------
Regards

Walt Boeninger - Nor Cal SAAC         67 GT500     | 67 Shelby T-A #31
http://www.norcal-saac.org            71 Boss 351  | 97 5.0 Explorer
mailto:walt_boeninger@hp.com          99 C5 Hdtp   | 86 Mustang GT