RE: '76 TR6 Trailing Arm brackets

To: wphilipson@bigfoot.com (Walt Philipson)
Subject: RE: '76 TR6 Trailing Arm brackets
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 00:32:43 -0800 (PST)
Walt---A spirit level and a protractor or radius guide will work fine in
determining the camber angle. Not as well as the fancy transit kind at
your Bear Alignment Shop, but close enough.
 If your wheels are reasonably straight (run true when spun) you can lay
a 15 inch length of a straight 2"X2" vertically, against the wheel, and
use the level up against the 2x2.  Measure how far it is from vertical
over to the top or bottom of the wheel, and then determine the degree of
the camber. It's been years since I worked it out on paper, but I like
to keep my wheels tilted in at 1/4" at the top, which figured out to be
close to 1/2" negative camber.

Dick T.