Engine Bay and Frame Paint / Hydraulic System Maintenance

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine Bay and Frame Paint / Hydraulic System Maintenance
From: info@theyeagergroup.com
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 18:53:29 -0600
Greetings,

As a part of bringing a very clean original out of storage I am reworking the
hydraulic systems.
I am doing this for 1) safety and 2) putting silicon hydraulic fluid in the
systems.

Anything I need to be aware of as I rebuild the respective slave and master
cylinders (such as
how does Girling seals do with silicon fluid)?

While I have the systems pulled I might as well clean up and repaint that area
of the engine that
collects brake fluid.  Thoughts on cleaning and repainting this area so it will
blend in with the
rest of the engine bay interior (which is very clean BTW)?

Additionally, I have been reading the thread on undercoating with some
interest.  As one that
owns a car that is in no need of a frame-up should I prep. and paint the frame
(it is practically
rust free).  Any thoughts?

God bless,

Dr. Evan Todd Yeager