Re: 215 Buick V8 bellhousings and flywheels

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, tr6taylor@webtv.net
Subject: Re: 215 Buick V8 bellhousings and flywheels
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 17:22:13 EST
In a message dated 1/3/2002 4:00:29 PM Eastern Standard Time, Dick Taylor
writes:

> Jay---I was advised by our webmaster, Mike Brinker, that when Triumph
> decided on the V8 Stag they used their own block. While still 235 cu.
> in., it's is not the one used in the Olds and Buick of the sixties.

Dick,

Mike is right on. The engine used in the TR8, however, is the same engine as
used in the Buick, Olds, Pontiac, and Rover, abbreviated BOP/Rover. Almost
the same, that is. There have been a lot of improvements made to that engine
design since the early sixties, but most parts are interchangable from year
to year. That is also the same engine that was used by MG for their MGBGT V8
in the mid-seventies. It's also the same engine used in current Morgans and
TVRs. It is available in displacements ranging from the original 215ci all
the way up to 302ci!

Dan Masters
Alcoa, Tennessee

Triumph TR 250 - TR6 Electrical Maintenance Handbook:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas6/
Stuffing a V8 into a small British sports car:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas/
British V8 Newsletter:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas4/mgv8.htm