Carb Bypass Valve

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carb Bypass Valve
From: "Dwayne Cooper" <dcooper@paciolan.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 11:01:54 -0800
I'm wrapping up a carb rebuild and am trying to figure out what to do
with the various emission control stuff.  My car's a '74, but was
originally purchased in '73, so I'm exempt from the typical California
emissions testing.  My carbon canister's in place and the vent pipes
from the front of the carbs are routed there.

I don't know, however, what to do with the little carb bypass "pipes"
poking out of the sides of the carbs.  Also, there is nothing connected
to either the vacuum advance (or is it retard?) unit or the valve cover
outlet.  Looking at the Moss catalog, there's a dizzying array of hoses
that connects all this stuff up,  so any advice about what is really
required here would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Dwayne