Re: Stumble, miss & hesitate

To: jkorsak@heath-bloxom.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stumble, miss & hesitate
From: TR6me@cs.com
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 16:57:48 EST
John
I too had this problem. The biggest problem with the 22D distributor on the
six is that the upper bearing does not get adequate lubrication and there for
wears much faster than the lower bearing which receives it's lubrication from
the engine oil. when the upper bearing wears a couple of thousandths it
allows your point gap to change as the engine runs and there for you have a
constant change of dwell. A fellow six pack member of our local chapter
rebuilt mine and did a great job on it.  He custom turns the bearings and
then totally cleans the body and polished it. The unit looked better than
when it came off the assembly line. If the car is running well with the
second distributor I would leave it alone of maybe see about having your old
unit rebuilt.

Mark Johnson
72 tr6
73 mini