to Matt M. re: engine mods

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: to Matt M. re: engine mods
From: "Matthew Mullin" <mjmullin@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 22:05:33 +0800
Hi Matt:

I don't have much time, but I did want to welcome you to the list....in an era
of custom compact Jap cars, its refreshing to see someone your age take
interest in cars from a previous generation.  We perhaps have led similar
lives; I purchased my '69 in 1982 when I was a senior in high school.  I had a
lot of plans for my car back then: fuel cell, roll cage, Centerline rims, etc.
I finally got the cash to restore the car on the early 90's, and my tastes had
matured a bit, and the restoration was a little more toned down.  My car at
this point is fairly complete (there's always something to work on!) and the
ol' gal has been pretty modified.  (e.g., head work, cam, compression, SU
carbs, headers, suspension mods, etc.) but remains fairly stock appearing on
the outside.  There is no way I can go into a narrative of all my work here,
but specific questions can be answered by the list as your work progresses.  As
Dick Taylor would state, Kas Kastner's Competition Prep. Manual would be a good
place to start.  The more research you can do up front, the happier you will be
with your results.

Well, I gotta run......from another Matt M.,

Matt Mullin, 6-PACK National Chairman