Re: clutch III

To: "Sally or Dick Taylor" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: clutch III
From: <P.H.Z@12move.nl>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 22:00:48 +0200
Dick,
I do have the bentley manual! I couldn't find out if the transmission had to
come from under the car or have to be pulled out. Stupid question maybe!?
About the slave cylinder.What I thought is: if the clutch fork pin is
broken. The piston has to make a longer stroke. That's why the dust cover is
pushed of the slave cylinder by the piston!
The problem I have with my clutch is I only have a sticky clutch when the
engine is warm. But I noticed that if my car is cold the pedal movement with
the engine not running, is not competely smooth either. My master ('97)and
slave cylinder('94)  are only used for 12000 miles. I use a nylon hose. I'm
a bit worried to pull the transmission of the car while maybe only a seal of
the slave cylinder is bad! I somewhere read an article about bad quality of
some of the cylinders?
Is it better to use a non standard release bearing/release bearing carrier?
Moss parts has a standard or a bronze  release bearing carrier?! Maybe I'm
asking questions that have been asked a thousand times. I have looked at
several sites on the internet for information, there are so many problems
discussed about the clutch. Up till now it only makes it harder for me to
determine what is the problem with my clutch!
Peter.