clutch II

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: clutch II
From: p.h.z@12move.nl
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 15:50:30 +0200
Hello,
I have asked you all about the sticking clutch problem. Thank's for all the
reactions! After closer inspection I found that the seal comes of the slave
cylinder. I can put it back on, but after one stroke of the clutch pedal it
comes of again! I think this confirms the diagnosis that the Fork to cross
shaft pin is broken I wan't to take the transmission of the car. Is there
somewhere on the net a manual to be found how to do this best? I noticed in
the Moss parts book there is a normal sleeve release bearing, but also a
bronze alternative. Witch one should I buy? is it possible to measure the
clutch plate, because except of the sticking the clutch works fine. Or should
you always replace the clutch when the transmission is off?
I hope I don't ask to much questions!
Peter
TR6 '74