Re: tires?? but what about rims??

To: jrhill@chorus.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tires?? but what about rims??
From: LaJoMor@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 11:32:15 EDT
Jim et al....
You might want to take a quick look at the MINILITE homepage in the UK.   <A
HREF="http://www.minilite.co.uk/index.html";>
MINILITE wheels home page</A>
it gives a little better description of the material etc. While a nice memory
from the past I doubt if too many enthusiasts today would be willing to pay
the price for a set of magnesium wheels today for part time street use.
Aluminum alloys have become the material of choice for everyone from BBS to
Minilite to American Racing, etc.

If I recall correctly magnesium wheels were a good application for racing
because of their lightness but there were some issues about
brittleness/cracking (curbs, potholes, etc.)

Larry
ridin' on steel