Re: Weight loss

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Weight loss
From: "Mike" <74@tr6world.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 11:28:48 -0400
Neil,

my 74 TR6 was fiberglas on all 4 wings.  There were several differences between
the steel and fiberglas products other than weight.
1.  Fiberglas has waves and would need quite a bit of prep work to smooth them
out.
2.  the steel front wings have a water gully lip on the top and the glas did
not.  Water will roll into the areas of the engine compartment much easier if
you are driving while it is wet.
3.  The fiberglas front wings did not have the sealed off peice that keeps
dirt, mud ect.. from spalshing back to the fire wall area.

Hey, if your racing, points 1 & 3 shouldn't be a problem, but, water on the
wiring.... maybe..... could be a potential hazard.

Just my two cents.

Good Luck,

Mike Brinker
74 TR6

The following message was sent by "Neil Beesley"
<neil.beesley@securesult.co.uk> on Mon, 8 Oct 2001 11:20:17 +0100.