re:Clutch Warriors

To: 6 Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: re:Clutch Warriors
From: KTnKT <ktnkt@cape.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2001 05:07:02 -0400
Greetings,
                 for the record....
2500 miles on a Sachs clutch set-up w/ the Toyota TOB from BPNW. After a
short time (500 miles), the clutch action felt "sticky", with a very
slight binding. It hasn't gotten any worse, or better....(possibly the
fork pin)
       After about (squeek) 2,000 miles (chirp,chirp,chirp) I started
hearing (squeeeeal) noises when disengaging the clutch. I did not knurl
the pilot bushing, but certainly will the next time I'm in there. I hear
it when just starting up and backing out of the garage, and thought it
only did it then. However, my pal Steve, who seems to have perfect
hearing in the higher range (or is part beagle) told me yesterday he
heard it every time I pushed in the clutch. Looks like I turn the radio
up a bit more...........or not take Steve for rides in the 6.
     Jay, are you taking notes on this??
     I'll see ya tomorrow at the Classic British Legends car show down
here on Cape Cod.(About 90 people signed up for the cook-out tonight,
with most of them going on the cruise to Chatham for lunch today....lots
of LBC's on the Cape this weekend---Yahooooo!!!!!!)
    Happy Motoring,
        Kevin Thompson
Cape Cod British Car Club
http://clubs.hemmings.com/capecodbritish/