Re: Brake questions

To: "Cris Hemingway" <cris_tr6@hotmail.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake questions
From: "Mike Munson" <fasttrs@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 16:03:53 -0700
Chris,

I have had the same problem, if you have new bearings and they are adjusted
tight, then your axles are probably flexing. This causes the rotors to push
the pads and pistons back resulting in increased clearance that you have to
make up in pedal travel.The only solution I found was to have a machine shop
"copy " the front axles with a higher grade steel. Be careful not to go with
a steel that is too brittle, It's not fun loosing a front wheel at over 90
mph. Can you say $$$$$$, sure you can!

Mike Munson
Atlanta
73-6