New rust

To: <6Pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: New rust
From: John Summers <trumpet@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 16:54:52 -0400
Drove my TR 6 to work today for the first time this week and noticed a musty
smell when I got in.  When I got home I pulled up the passenger side carpet
to discover with horror that it was wet and there was patches of newly
formed rust on the floor.  Forgive my naivete, but what do I do here?   We
HAVE had quite a lot of rain here lately, but weren't flooded.
I have no idea how the water got in as I had the top up and the car was
covered with a tarp.   I want to clean this up and paint it tomorrow, I
should sand it down to bare metal and prime it but don't know what primer to
use - Rustoleum?
I appreciate any suggestions, thanks.

John Summers

--