Re: Seat Slide

To: "Dimitri Huygen" <Dimitri.Huygen@skynet.be>,
Subject: Re: Seat Slide
From: "Nelson Riedel" <nriedel@nextek.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 17:19:22 -0400
Hi Dimitri

The seat slide is made of steel.  I'm pretty sure the finish is a plating,
possibly a dull chrome over nickel.  I've bead blasted a set and powder
coated them in aluminum and they look great.   Paint will not stick to the
surface unless it is primed and the primer probably won't stick unless it is
roughed up and etched or an etching primer used.   I would sand blast, bead
blast or sand the surface, etch, prime and then paint. The paint and primer
should be compatable.

Nelson Riedel
Granville Ohio
'68TR250, '70TR6, '76TR6