Re: Reverse lights

To: "6pack list" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Reverse lights
From: Peter Macholdt <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 19:23:08 -0000
Tim,

Having been all over the trans in my 250 this winter, I doubt that you
can get at the switch without removing the trans cover and all that is
associated with it.  Before you go to that trouble, I would check power
at the 2 leads that drop from under the dash and through the trans tunnel
on the passenger side of the car.  There are bullet connectors here and a
passenger could disconnect them without too much trouble.

Hope you don't have to pull the cover.

Good luck,
Peter Macholdt
'68 TR250

>The "Back up" lights stopped working a couple months ago and I'm going to
>the
>Battle of the Brits next week, so I'd like to repair the problem.  There is
>no power at the light sockets. How can I get to the trans switch without
>disassembly?
>Any chance of just lifting the car and crawling under to check/remove the
>switch?
>
>Tim
>'72 TR6

Peter Macholdt