Re: Servo unit tips/BTDT

To: "Ben Burnweit" <a1972tr6@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Servo unit tips/BTDT
From: "Valerie Stabenow" <hlub34a@aeroinc.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 07:00:31 -0500
I'll start out and tell you what I was told...that it may not be the
servo!!!

I had done a servo replacement on my E and other than the $$$$$$$ for
the nw servo and MC for the TR6..it appeared to be a much easier job.
The joke with the E is that they built the car around the servo....

Anyway, I happened to post Mark Pelham on the Vintage Triumph register
and asked his opinion. He was pretty sure that the servo was good and
that the MC had simply leaked out all its fluid.

After comparison pricing re-sleeving and a new rebuild kit..I opted to
buy a rebuilt one (Beck-Arnley) that I got though my local NAPA store.
It was $119 with a core and it has a 1 year warranty. (This is for a
'73)

I put the new master in, rebled the whole system and I have brakes and
a full reservoir!

Valerie Stabenow,1962 mga,1967 tr4a, 1969 xk-e, 1973 tr6, 1981
corvette