RE: Toyota 5 speed

To: chuck.arnold@oracle.com (Chuck Arnold)
Subject: RE: Toyota 5 speed
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 17:06:11 -0700 (PDT)
Chuck---I too am considering the 5 speed box by Toyota. If I had a TR6
OD unit I would probably stay with the original setup. But I don't, and
high mileage on my tranny will make something happen here eventually.
The gear spacing options will give me what I need, with a .85 final
drive and a lower 1st ratio. One hangup is no speedo connection, and a
price of U.S. $2000.  Or is that two hangups?

If you want to write them for more info let me know. I have their
address.

Dick T.