2nd Gear Shifting woes

To: 6 Pack Digest <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: 2nd Gear Shifting woes
From: jdhenn <jdhenn@prodigy.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 12:03:38 -0500
Happy Post Thanksgiving to all 6ers out there.  The weather is still
delightful down here in Florida.  Went out yesterday with the top down
and the Ansa exhausts roaring.  Too much fun.  Question: I am beginning
to have problems getting into 2nd gear with my 75 TR6. No other gear
gives me a problem.   It is a little easier to shift into 2nd after the
car (or fluid) is warmed up.  Does that make any sense?  It has a
completely new clutch and master/slave cyclinders put in about a year
ago.  Before that I had shifting problems and may have damaged 2nd gear
trying to get home when I lossed the clutch.  Now it is worse. I
replaced all fluid and did have some brass shavings in there.  How big a
job is it to just fix the second gear parts (not sure which ones)? or am
I better off putting in another tranny. I have a spare one in a parts
car.   I don't have overdrive and I believe this is the original
transmission with about 80,000 miles on it.
Thanks
--
Jim Henningsen
Kissimmee, FL