Re: DIN radio installation

To: "6pack (E-mail)" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: DIN radio installation
From: Peter Macholdt <pmachold@pluto.njcc.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 11:10:38 -0500
Mark,

If the center support is out of the car, I would use a good quality saber
saw on a very slow speed and with a very fine toothed blade.  I always
mask around an area to be cut with that blue painters tape to prevent
marking by the foot of the saw.

This may also work with the dash support in the car but I get better
control when I have more room.

GL,
Peter

>Hi all,
>sorry, I tried the archives 'cuz I think this has been discussed, but when I
>try a search it's not working. Anyway, for those that have installed a
>modern non-shaft style radio, what did you use to cut the new hole? Hacksaw?
>Any better choices?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Mark Creamer
>76 TR6