Re: Pressure Differential Warning Switch

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pressure Differential Warning Switch
From: edwin.mcguirk@db.com
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 10:17:39 -0400

I must disagree, I am 99 and 44/100ths percent sure that the PDWA does not
close off the brake line with low pressure. It merely moves enough to toggle
the switch which then lights the lamp.

It doesn't DO anything mechanical it only senses a pressure differential.

If I was going to put a bolt in the hole to temporarily seal a leak, I would
first check that there is no flange area that might be damaged. For example, a
brake line seals at a flared surface, a bolt would damage the surface so that
it would never seal the proper way again. A banjo bolt seals on a copper washer
(no problem) and a pipe thread is an interference fit (probably no problem but
a pipe plug would be better). I have never looked inside the PDWA so I don't
know what type of seal it uses.

Ed McGuirk
76 TR6
86 Rx7