Stripped wheel stud

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Stripped wheel stud
From: HalMorton@webtv.net (Harold M. Morton)
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 14:05:17 -0500 (CDT)
Jim,
Two possible solutions  1. I`ve had great luck with "nut splitter"
tools.I bought one recently at my local Auto Zone for $7.95, that looks
like it should be big enough to handle your lugs. I realize that the
Panasport lugs are "recessed" a bit into the wheel surface, but since
these splitters work by first cutting into and then "cracking" the nut,
you don`t necessarily need to get down that deeply on it.  2.  You may
be able to cut the nut enough with a Dremel or other roary tool to
finish splitting it off with a small cold chisel and hammer. I like the
fiber reinforced cut-off wheels for this type of job. (Dremel part #
426) You may use up several (at about $1.00 each),  but they should do
the job.   To avoid scuffing your wheels, a few layers of duct tape in
the area around the nut should work. Oh yeah, Go slow with Dremel for
better control. Good luck, and tell us how you eventually do the job and
the net results.

Hal Morton                                                  Pascagoula,
MS