TR6 rear wheel stud

To: 6 Pack List <6pack@autox.team.net>, TR6 List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 rear wheel stud
From: Jim Davis <jh_davis@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2000 14:38:08 -0400
I got my TR6 home from the body shop for a very minor repair friday
evening and decided to bleed the brakes to correct a falling brake pedal
problem. When I attempted to remove the left rear wheel, I found they
had stripped one of the lugs from the hub. Must have cross threaded the
lug, because I use anti-sieze on the lugs and they come off easily after
overcoming the torque. Anyway, I think my only option is to drill the
lug out through the lug nut by placing a socket over the lug to protect
my Panasports. I don't want to trust this to the ham handed idiots at
the body shop. Any other, or better suggestions?
TIA,
Jim Davis
Fortson, Ga