Carb bypass valves

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carb bypass valves
From: "Russ Pagano" <pagano@home.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 20:13:09 -0400
Can someone tell me the procedure for adjusting the bypass valves. I've
checked the archives and there is reference to adjustment in the Bentley
manual p 223 but not in my Bentley manual (is there a ZS Bentley?). My
valves are the types with the internal screw and no external vacuum line.
I rebuilt my carbs, leaving the screws where they were (the old diaphrams
were rather stiff from age) although one carb was set with much more
pressure that the other carb.  Now it takes 20 sec to return to idle so
I'm thinking the bypass valve is the problem. The piston diaphrams are
seated properly and the temp compensators are opening and closing freely.
What else could I have botched in the rebuild which was basically all new
seals, gaskets, throttle shafts, grose jets.
Russ
71 TR6