The great TR6 paint debate

To: "6 pack list" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: The great TR6 paint debate
From: "Rex R. Townsend" <rrt@connectexpress.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 23:02:16 -0700
My experience up close and personal with two TR6s, a very original 1971 and
my current very early 1969 is that the black rubberized undercoating was
originally applied to the external lower sills (rocker panels) but not the
valance under the front bumper.  I don't know whether this was applied at
the factory or by the local dealer, but both my cars had the same treatment
and one originally was from Phoenix, AZ and the other was first purchased
from a dealer in Seattle, WA.

Rex Townsend