Rear Valance Black

To: jmlozano@ismi.net
Subject: Rear Valance Black
From: "Kevin D. O'Connor" <oconnor@fuse.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 1904 00:39:25 +0000
Jorge, I didn't mean to flame your car on my original post.  A PO may
have scrubbed-off the black paint on your car's rear panel after it
faded, perhaps.  Maybe removing a tail light assembly will reveal the
black paint originally applied.

Personally, I am very happpy to get this issue in the open.  Regarding
other black trim details on TR6's, my '71 had the rockers and front
panel under the bumper coated with black rubberized coating when I
bought it in 1986.  Is this original, or a '70's Ziebart job?

In car British car mags, TR6's are often pictured with body-color paint
on the rockers (but with rear panels painted black).

The debate rages on.

Kevin.