Re: Bob Pierson - Idle / Temperature

To: TR6@vigoris.net (John Phillips)
Subject: Re: Bob Pierson - Idle / Temperature
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 11:22:20 -0700 (PDT)
John---I can understand why you could be "leaning out" in the upper end
of the rpm band with the "radical cam" you are using. You may want to
consider more aggressive needles (more taper) in the carbs, rather than
pull the cam. That is, if you're otherwise happy with its power band. I
can give you some of the needle numbers to order if you're interested.
Meanwhle, Bob's symptom is not leaning out at the top (stock cam?) but
getting hot at idle, where fuel metering is not a concern so far as
supply from stock needles goes. Let me know if you disagree...

Dick T