RE: STARTING PROBLEM

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: STARTING PROBLEM
From: "Gabriel Ige" <gige@global-merchants.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 21:18:32 -0700
Last or thereabout, I wrote to you all about my periodical starting problem.
I find out the problem. I hope this will help other with like problem. My
problem is actually not a problem. Rather, it is a safety problem
incorporated into my TR6.

I got back from my trip, in my TR6, to San Francisco from Los Angels
glitchlessly. In fact, I put over 1000 miles on my TR6 on this trip. It was
a bliss. I'll do it again. The trip helped me locate the solution to my
problem. I went on this trip with a friend. I noticed that every time that
he sits in his sit, the car will not start...no matter what I did. Normally,
in the previous times when my car refuses to start, it will start when I
either step down or open my hood.  But this time around, if I step out of
the car or open my hood, the car will not start as long as my friend is
seated. It did not take long before both of us realized that it was the sit
belt. When both sit belts are hooked-up, the car will normally start. The
driver side is works erratically (probably because it is faulty). Sometime
it works okay, sometimes, it does not. But generally, it works with the sit
belt in the hook.

Now if you have this problem, this is the solution. However, remember my car
is the TR6 for 1974. I am not sure if this is the same with other years. All
I know is that my problem is solved. I always have to wear my sit belt
before my car will start.

I hope this helps others.

Regards,
Gabriel