RE:Brake failure

To: 6 pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE:Brake failure
From: Dale Morgan <tpdwinch@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 18:02:47 -0700 (PDT)
  Jim

  You have received some good advice on things to
check to see what the cause actually was. I agree that
this is one area that you do not want to leave to
chance. You need to find the cause and replace /
repair all damaged parts.

  One item I disagree with is the use of the C clamp,
unless you open the bleed nipple, to force the piston
back in.  By not bleeding at the caliper you are
forcing the fluid to by-pass the o-rings in the master
cylinder to get back into the reservoir.  This can
cause more damage and failure of the master or
O-rings.

  Please let the list know what you find to be the problem.

=====
tpdwinch@yahoo.com
Dale Morgan
1974 TR-6