Ceramic coating for header

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Ceramic coating for header
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@psu.edu>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 23:15:24 -0500
I am looking into getting my new stainless steel header ceramic coated.
I'm thinking about using either Jet Hot or High Performance Coatings to do
the coating.  Just wondering if anyone has experience with either of these
two places and how much they charged.  HP Coatings seems a bit more
high-tech than Jet Hot in my opinion.  Jet Hot seems more popular however.
I want to do the coating in order to preserve the header, improve the
appearance, and (most importantly) keep underhood temps a bit lower.  HP
Coatings seems to have a coating option which is thicker than the norm and
thus keeps temps much lower.  Anyway, that's what I've picked up, any
ideas/opinions from the rest of the gang?

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6