Re: Concours Questions

To: thebrinkers@home.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Concours Questions
From: Trsx69@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 07:50:41 EST
In a message dated 2/20/00 10:34:38 PM, thebrinkers@home.com writes:

<< If I am interested in getting my car into shape for a concours, I am
wondering exactly what the judges do and what they look for.    I doubt my
car would get close to many of the cars that I have read about, but it could
make for some interesting reading.  Can anyone offer some good sources for
this type of information?
Hey Jim H. ,does the club (6 Pack) have a pre-written outline prepared for
the judges that can be e-mailed?

Mike Brinker
74 TR6
S.E. Michigan

Hi Mike,
Well, basically what the judges are looking at/for is how the car looked when
it left the factory/dealer.  We do have a judgeing guide that is about two
years sinc it's last update and was originally put together by Darrell Floyd
in 94.  Currently the 6 Pack uses a 100 point system, each car starts out
with 100 points and points are removed based on deductions for items/areas
that are deemed to be incorrect.  The areas are broken down into 4 sections,
engine bay, undercarraige, paint and brightwork and interior.  Judging
experience is based on knowledge of the cars. factory brochures and the study
of original un touched cars, and yes there are some still out there.
Over the next few years I would like to revamp the guidelines with the heof
the membership and come up with a guide line similair to that of the TRA
guideline book.
I'll try to scan some thing for email over the next week and get it to the
list.
I hope this answers some of your questions.  There are a lot of TR6/TR250 out
there that should be in concours, but they not sure so they go in the popular
vote catagory.  It's not that bad, so consider making the leap.
Best regards
Jim Holewka
6-Pack Chief Judge