Subject: [WPTA] front brake replacement

From: Tim Prell via Wpta <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2024 06:16:57 -0400

--===============3613425799806713873==

--000000000000427137061f295497

I discovered the front brake pads for my TR6 are completely worn out (hence
the squeal :-) and have decided to replace pads and rotors (although these
look new), and potentially add stainless steel hoses. The bearings look
great (likely recent replacements). I'm going with slotted TRW rotors to
see if there is any improvement, though the brakes worked great even as
the pads were low.

Does anyone have a local supplier of the dust caps (both the outer cap and
the inner bearing cap)? I've already ordered the main replacement parts and
probably should have taken everything apart first to limit the astronomical
cost of shipping separately.

I am also on the fence about rebuilding the calipers as they look to be
in good condition. If I do disconnect the brake lines to replace the hoses
or rebuild, any techniques for evacuating the fluid and thoughts about best
brake fluid to use is appreciated.

thanks,
Tim

--000000000000427137061f295497
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">I discovered the front brake pads for my TR6 are completel=
y worn out (hence the squeal :-) and have decided to replace pads and rotor=
s (although these look new), and potentially add stainless steel hoses. The=
 bearings look great (likely recent replacements). I&#39;m going with slott=
ed TRW rotors to see if there is any improvement, though the brakes worked =
great even as the=C2=A0pads were low.<div><br></div><div>Does anyone have a=
 local supplier of the dust caps (both the outer cap and the inner bearing =
cap)? I&#39;ve already ordered the main replacement parts and probably shou=
ld have taken everything apart first to limit the astronomical cost of ship=
ping separately.</div><div><br></div><div>I am also on the fence about rebu=
ilding the calipers as they look to be in=C2=A0good=C2=A0condition. If I do=
 disconnect the brake lines to replace the hoses or rebuild, any techniques=
 for evacuating the fluid and thoughts about best brake fluid to use is app=
reciated.</div><div><br></div><div>thanks,</div><div>Tim</div></div>

--000000000000427137061f295497--

--===============3613425799806713873==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

-------------------------------------

http://www.wptriumph.org

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============3613425799806713873==--