Subject: [WPTA] The Scenic Route to the Yonker Farm

From: abcoz--- via Wpta <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 14:08:28 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============1123737719078944742==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_007B_01D7AFBB.518F4D10"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_007B_01D7AFBB.518F4D10
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

For those of you wanting to take a less direct and more scenic route to
George & Kathy Yonkers' farm, for our club picnic, I have planned a route
which is 63 miles in length with a driving time of 1 hour and 50 minutes for
the "brisk" group (average speed works out to 34 MPH.) and approximately 2
hours to 2 hours and 20 minutes for the "pie & ice cream" group.  Plan on
departing from our starting point (parking lot of strip mall with First
Watch restaurant (great breakfasts!), 5 Guys and a few others, at 11 AM.

I just drove the route this morning and found the roads to be in very good
condition, with no fresh oil & chips (not even any fairly recent oil &
chips!) and only a couple of bumpy sections.  So, it should be a great ride
for everyone.

Please keep in mind:

1.	The route is quite rural, with NO gas stations of pee facilities
(but PLENTY of readily available trees & bushes), so be sure to start out
with a full tank and an empty bladder.
2.	Although these roads are very lightly travelled, you are asked to
please show some courtesy by pulling over to allow faster moving traffic
(both local and other WPTA groups) to pass.
3.	The parking lot, where we are starting the run from, will be fairly
active on Sunday morning.  So, unless you are coming early & having
breakfast, plan on getting started on the run almost as soon as you arrive
(maybe meet friends somewhere else, enroute to Bridgeville), rather than
milling around & visiting.  We can do plenty of visiting when we get to
Yonkers' Farm.
4.	If you want to shorten your drive/travel time, simply plug in 86
Baker Road, McDonald, PA. 15057 on your GPS or cell phone app and Bob's your
uncle.

Bud Osbourne

------=_NextPart_000_007B_01D7AFBB.518F4D10
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
p.MsoListParagraph, li.MsoListParagraph, div.MsoListParagraph
	{mso-style-priority:34;
	margin-top:0in;
	margin-right:0in;
	margin-bottom:0in;
	margin-left:.5in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
/* List Definitions */
@list l0
	{mso-list-id:1834566511;
	mso-list-type:hybrid;
	mso-list-template-ids:2111705100 -640250198 67698713 67698715 67698703 =
67698713 67698715 67698703 67698713 67698715;}
@list l0:level1
	{mso-level-text:"%1\.\)";
	mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-.25in;}
@list l0:level2
	{mso-level-number-format:alpha-lower;
	mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-.25in;}
@list l0:level3
	{mso-level-number-format:roman-lower;
	mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:right;
	text-indent:-9.0pt;}
@list l0:level4
	{mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-.25in;}
@list l0:level5
	{mso-level-number-format:alpha-lower;
	mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-.25in;}
@list l0:level6
	{mso-level-number-format:roman-lower;
	mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:right;
	text-indent:-9.0pt;}
@list l0:level7
	{mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-.25in;}
@list l0:level8
	{mso-level-number-format:alpha-lower;
	mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-.25in;}
@list l0:level9
	{mso-level-number-format:roman-lower;
	mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:right;
	text-indent:-9.0pt;}
ol
	{margin-bottom:0in;}
ul
	{margin-bottom:0in;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72" style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>For those of you wanting to =
take a less direct and more scenic route to George &amp; Kathy =
Yonkers&#8217; farm, for our club picnic, I have planned a route which =
is 63 miles in length with a driving time of 1 hour and 50 minutes for =
the &#8220;brisk&#8221; group (average speed works out to 34 MPH.) and =
approximately 2 hours to 2 hours and 20 minutes for the &#8220;pie &amp; =
ice cream&#8221; group.&nbsp; Plan on departing from our starting point =
(parking lot of strip mall with First Watch restaurant (great =
breakfasts!), 5 Guys and a few others, at 11 AM.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I just drove =
the route this morning and found the roads to be in very good condition, =
with no fresh oil &amp; chips (not even any fairly recent oil &amp; =
chips!) and only a couple of bumpy sections.&nbsp; So, it should be a =
great ride for everyone.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Please keep =
in mind:<o:p></o:p></p><ol style=3D'margin-top:0in' start=3D1 =
type=3D1><li class=3DMsoListParagraph =
style=3D'margin-left:0in;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo1'>The route is quite =
rural, with NO gas stations of pee facilities (but PLENTY of readily =
available trees &amp; bushes), so be sure to start out with a full tank =
and an empty bladder.<o:p></o:p></li><li class=3DMsoListParagraph =
style=3D'margin-left:0in;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo1'>Although these roads =
are very lightly travelled, you are asked to please show some courtesy =
by pulling over to allow faster moving traffic (both local and other =
WPTA groups) to pass.<o:p></o:p></li><li class=3DMsoListParagraph =
style=3D'margin-left:0in;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo1'>The parking lot, where =
we are starting the run from, will be fairly active on Sunday =
morning.&nbsp; So, unless you are coming early &amp; having breakfast, =
plan on getting started on the run almost as soon as you arrive (maybe =
meet friends somewhere else, enroute to Bridgeville), rather than =
milling around &amp; visiting.&nbsp; We can do plenty of visiting when =
we get to Yonkers&#8217; Farm.<o:p></o:p></li><li =
class=3DMsoListParagraph style=3D'margin-left:0in;mso-list:l0 level1 =
lfo1'>If you want to shorten your drive/travel time, simply plug in 86 =
Baker Road, McDonald, PA. 15057 on your GPS or cell phone app and =
Bob&#8217;s your uncle.<o:p></o:p></li></ol><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Bud =
Osbourne<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_007B_01D7AFBB.518F4D10--

--===============1123737719078944742==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

-------------------------------------

http://www.wptriumph.org

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============1123737719078944742==--