Subject: [TR] TR3 Heater valve

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2026 20:19:54 -0500 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_058E_01DD31AA.6D88DBF0"

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_058E_01DD31AA.6D88DBF0
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_058F_01DD31AA.6D88DBF0"

------=_NextPart_001_058F_01DD31AA.6D88DBF0
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Folks,

The heater valve that attaches to the back of the cylinder head was =
leaking.
I took it apart and discovered a few things that confuse me.

First, when I remove the outer core from the brass housing that screws =
into the cylinder head, a cup-shaped piece, that appears to seal of the =
flow of coolant, remained in the brass housing.
I remove the cup-shaped piece. Should this piece be attached to the end =
of the stem that moves up and down when the handle is rotated?
If so, the only way I see to attach it is with some silicone sealant.

Second, when I removed the inner core from the outer core, it appeared =
that there may have been the remains of a black rubber washer inside the =
upper end of the outer core, but whatever it was, was too deteriorated =
to know for sure.

Is there supposed to be a rubber washer/seal there?

I found a rubber washer that I could use if the washer is needed. Or I =
could use Teflon packing material around the void between the inner core =
and outer core, and then scree in the top brass fitting.

=20

Attached is a picture of the disassembled parts.

The cup shaped piece, that was left in the brass housing, is to the far =
left. The operating stem, that it may attach to, is the long piece just =
to the right.

The blank junk was inside the top of the second brass piece from the =
right.

The far right brass piece screws into the second brass piece from the =
right, and over the operating stem..

=20

Thanks.

  Ron

------=_NextPart_001_058F_01DD31AA.6D88DBF0
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)"><!--[if =
gte mso 9]><xml>
<w:WordDocument>
<w:DontUseAdvancedTypographyReadingMail/>
<w:DontUseJustificationAdvancedTypographyReadingMail/>
<w:DontUseHyphenationAdvancedTypographyReadingMail/>
</w:WordDocument>
</xml><![endif]--><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Aptos;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle21
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	mso-ligatures:none;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72" style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>Folks,<br><br>The heater valve =
that attaches to the back of the cylinder head was leaking.<br>I took it =
apart and discovered a few things that confuse me.<br><br>First, when I =
remove the outer core from the brass housing that screws into the =
cylinder head, a cup-shaped piece, that appears to seal of the flow of =
coolant, remained in the brass housing.<br>I remove the cup-shaped =
piece. Should this piece be attached to the end of the stem that moves =
up and down when the handle is rotated?<br>If so, the only way I see to =
attach it is with some silicone sealant.<br><br><br>Second, when I =
removed the inner core from the outer core, it appeared that there may =
have been the remains of a black rubber washer inside the upper end of =
the outer core, but whatever it was, was too deteriorated to know for =
sure.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>Is there supposed to be a =
rubber washer/seal there?<br><br><o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>I found =
a rubber washer that I could use if the washer is needed. Or I could use =
Teflon packing material around the void between the inner core and outer =
core, and then scree in the top brass fitting.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>Attached is a picture of the =
disassembled parts.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>The cup shaped piece, that was =
left in the brass housing, is to the far left. The operating stem, that =
it may attach to, is the long piece just to the =
right.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>The blank junk was inside the =
top of the second brass piece from the right.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>The far =
right brass piece screws into the second brass piece from the right, and =
over the operating stem..<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>Thanks.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>=C2=A0 =
Ron<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_058F_01DD31AA.6D88DBF0--

------=_NextPart_000_058E_01DD31AA.6D88DBF0
	name="9380E1DF.JPG"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="9380E1DF.JPG"

------=_NextPart_000_058E_01DD31AA.6D88DBF0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

------=_NextPart_000_058E_01DD31AA.6D88DBF0--