Subject: [TR] What is a TR4 Worth

From: Greg Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2026 21:17:38 -0500

--===============7936694667019536105==

--0000000000000ee4b60656243b8b

Friend has had a 62 or 63 TR4 since college (mid eighties) amateur
restoration then, no rust, shiny but not perfect, little use. Won't run,
can't convince him to get it running, he is asking how much it is worth.

Picture a car with nice paint, interior and engine compartment, not
concourse, but redone and complete, but a few ripples and bit of orange
peal in the paint, original spec, royal blue.  Ballpark for a non-runner?
I am thinking $6-8k realistic, not optimistic.

I am still going to work on him to get it running, as I really think it is
just spark or fuel delivery.

Anyway, thoughts appreciated, I think it is at about 60k miles, but that is
not documented.

Please reply to me directly and the list, as Mark told me Gmail wouldn't
play well with the list and he has been right.

Greg Lemon
TR250

--0000000000000ee4b60656243b8b
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"auto">Friend has had a 62 or 63 TR4 since college (mid eighties=
) amateur restoration then, no rust, shiny but not perfect, little use. Won=
&#39;t run, can&#39;t convince him to get it running, he is asking how much=
 it is worth.<div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto">Picture a car wi=
th nice paint, interior and engine compartment, not concourse, but redone a=
nd complete, but a few ripples and bit of orange peal in the paint, origina=
l spec, royal blue.=C2=A0 Ballpark for a non-runner?=C2=A0 I am thinking $6=
-8k realistic, not optimistic.</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D=
"auto">I am still going to work on him to get it running, as I really think=
 it is just spark or fuel delivery.</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div d=
ir=3D"auto">Anyway, thoughts appreciated, I think it is at about 60k miles,=
 but that is not documented.</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"a=
uto">Please reply to me directly and the list, as Mark told me Gmail wouldn=
&#39;t play well with the list and he has been right.=C2=A0=C2=A0</div><div=
 dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto">Greg Lemon</div><div dir=3D"auto"=
>TR250</div></div>

--0000000000000ee4b60656243b8b--

--===============7936694667019536105==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============7936694667019536105==--

---

From: Randy and Valerie DeRuiter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2026 09:45:37 +0000

Greg

I think your estimate is realistic for a non running car.  You might get your friend motivated to get it running just by mentioning he could double that realistically if he got it running.

Regards
Randy
Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 8, 2026, at 11:22 PM, Greg Lemon <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
> Friend has had a 62 or 63 TR4 since college (mid eighties) amateur restoration then, no rust, shiny but not perfect, little use. Won't run, can't convince him to get it running, he is asking how much it is worth.
> 
> Picture a car with nice paint, interior and engine compartment, not concourse, but redone and complete, but a few ripples and bit of orange peal in the paint, original spec, royal blue.  Ballpark for a non-runner?  I am thinking $6-8k realistic, not optimistic.
> 
> I am still going to work on him to get it running, as I really think it is just spark or fuel delivery.
> 
> Anyway, thoughts appreciated, I think it is at about 60k miles, but that is not documented.
> 
> Please reply to me directly and the list, as Mark told me Gmail wouldn't play well with the list and he has been right.  
> 
> Greg Lemon
> TR250
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Greg Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2026 07:52:23 -0500

--===============8357357166883214369==

--00000000000018ccce06562d19d3

Thanks Randy

--00000000000018ccce06562d19d3

<div dir="auto">Thanks Randy<br><br><div class="gmail_quote gmail_quote_container" dir="auto"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr"><br></div></div></div>

--00000000000018ccce06562d19d3--

--===============8357357166883214369==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============8357357166883214369==--