Subject: Re: [TR] 35 Years!

From: Dave MacKay <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2026 09:18:43 -0400

Congratulations Mark!

Thank you for guiding this list (and others) through 35 years. The list
has been a wonderful resource throughout that time and it wouldn't have
been possible without all of your efforts.

I don't recall when I joined the Triumphs list but I've been on the list
for at least 30 of those years. The earliest message that I can find that
I saved from the list is dated 2001, but I know I was on the list before
then (via a computer at work). The list has shared supplier information,
tips, improvements, resources ... all of which has been helpful in keeping
my car on the road, and making it slightly better year after year. Without
the help and information I've had from the members who participate on this
list, I'd have likely thrown in the towel on my car years ago.

Mark's message prompted me to make a donation to contribute to keeping the
list going. I'd encourage others to do the same. Here's the link:

Congratulations and thank you.

Dave MacKay
1960 TR3A s/n 68639L
near Toronto, Canada

>Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2026 16:04:07 -0600
>From: Mark Bradakis <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: [TR] 35 Years!
>
>Nearly half my life!  Team dot Net went on the air 35 years ago today,
April 11th, 1991.  Been through a lot of ups and downs over the years,
many different computers, different ISPs, but almost always there.  I
won't go into the times that ISP >problems shut it down for days, or even
weeks at a time.
>
>But it is still here, still on the air, still serving the purpose I have
always upheld, connecting like minded users to mostly car stuff.  And
always for free.  I do remember back in the beginning it was pretty
expensive to run.  Fast, at home internet was >not widely available.  And
the first server, one of the earliest PCs in the valley to run at over 100
Mhz ( Yes, MEGA Hertz! ) cost me $2,500 dollars.  Luckily paid for by
generous contributions from list members.
>
>Time marches on, and so does Team Net.  I'll keep it going as long as I
can, health permitting.  Who knows, maybe I'll be sending out a 50th
birthday notice!
>mjb.
** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive