Subject: Re: [TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 18, Issue 164

From: Dave MacKay <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2025 14:57:41 -0500

The fellow in the video, Elin Yakov, is a member of the Toronto Triumph
Club. His Youtube channel "Rusty Beauties" is well worth checking out.
Although he does work on other marques, much of what he does is on
Triumphs. Elin replaced the wiring in my TR3A with a kit from Advance Auto
Wire. The new wiring is modern (relays, fuses, etc.) and was originally
put together by Dan Masters.

Another Toronto Triumph Club member (and past President), Dave "Cheftush"
Tushingham also hosts a Youtube channel. He has done at least two TR3As
and documented the work on Youtube. He's done several videos about TR3A
steering. Here's one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRCtu3k65hc (this
video doesn't show how to get the stator tube out though).

Both Elin and Tush are really good guys.

Dave MacKay
1960 TR3A s/n 68639L
near Toronto, Canada

>Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2025 20:07:25 +0000
>From: dave northrup <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Re: [TR] 58 TR3a steering removal
>
>This video is pretty good although its clearly this guy's first time
>
>https://duckduckgo.com/?q=how+to+remove+triumph+tr3+steering+wheel&atb=v4
66-1&ia=videos&iax=videos&iai=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D
QkST0Yw_9ys
>
>
>From: dave northrup
>Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2025 4:14 PM
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: 58 TR3a steering removal
>
>I need to remove the stator tube, steering wheel, and worm gear on a 58
TR3a
>
>Are there instructions anywhere?
_______________________________________________
** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Dave MacKay <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2025 15:11:44 -0500

Agreed. The list has been invaluable. As far as I can recall, I think I
joined in 1994, shortly after I got my TR3A. Without this list I'd have
given up on the car long ago and missed out on years of driving and
enjoyment.

Although I've only met a couple of people from the list in person, I feel
among friends here. The help and generosity has been wonderful.

The post prompted me to send Mark a donation to help defray the cost of
keeping this list running. We can all chip in with donations at:

I've found a few Triumph forums on the web but none have the same "feel"
as this list. I've found Facebook to be a toxic swamp and try to avoid it.

Dave MacKay
1960 TR3A s/n 68639L
near Toronto, Canada

>Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2025 15:10:20 -0600
>From: Will Daehler <[email-masked]>
>Subject: [TR] The List is Less Busy These Days
>
>Certainly the volume is down.
>But I am still here, and read the digest most days, for about 28 years.
>During this time, I learned so much from all of you, and early on
developed friends who helped me immensely. They shared parts, knowledge,
and tools.
>Without you guys and Mark's early computer skills,  all would have been
lost.
>Recently we have sort of re-assmbled on various Facebook sites.
>
>Will Daehler
>63 TR4