Subject: Re: [TR] The List is Less Busy These Days

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2025 09:37:16 -0800

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============0742811330153334448==
 boundary="------------0TmiQYohOlbCRiDRI2wTdCps"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------0TmiQYohOlbCRiDRI2wTdCps
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

On Sat, Dec 13, 2025 at 5:23 PM John Macartney <[email-masked]> 
wrote:
>
>     Just out of casual interest, how many are still here in comparison
>     to say the Millenium? I suspect not many.
>
I'm still here from the day the list was started, and before. Times and 
places have changed so I don't really have much of anything to say. I'm 
currently living near Crescent City, California in that semi isolated 
area usually referred to as being behind the redwood curtain (i.e. 
isolated and harder to get to). I've the only Triumph currently being 
used as a daily driver. There is a gray TR3 not far away that very 
seldom gets driven by someone not interested in Triumph comradery and a 
black TR3 about 15 miles up north which I have only seen twice. Then 
there are a couple stalled TR3 projects in garages. No real Triumph 
comradery here and no signs of the other TRs. So nothing really to write 
about.  And of course there isn't the traffic nor comradery on this list 
that used to exist. I'm still here but with nothing really to say or 
share. I've recently replaced the U-joints and the clutch slave cylinder 
that have worn out. Nothing newsworthy. Other than that she's still a 
daily driver, but gets used mostly as a grocery getter. No club rides 
other than one or two drives a year with a couple local MGB and Big 
Healey owners.

Here, still driving but nothing to write about.
     TeriAnn

-- 

Book - The Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United States and 
Canada <http://overlandtravel.us>
2 years to write and 38 years of travel and camping to learn what to write

*Because the world beckons and life waits for no one*

--------------0TmiQYohOlbCRiDRI2wTdCps
 boundary="------------9CPOgejVVT59JRujkP4I97Fs"

--------------9CPOgejVVT59JRujkP4I97Fs
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <span style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 12pt;">On Sat, Dec 13,
      2025 at 5:23 PM John Macartney &lt;</span><a
      style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 12pt;"
      href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank"
      rel="noopener" moz-do-not-send="true"
      class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a><span
      style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 12pt;">&gt; wrote:</span>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <div class="elnk-inline-message-container"
style="border-left: 1px solid #aaa; box-sizing: border-box; padding: 10px 0 10px 15px; margin: 0;">
        <div class="gmail_quote">
          <blockquote class="gmail_quote"
style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 0.8ex; border-left: 1px solid #cccccc; padding-left: 1ex;">Just
            out of casual interest, how many are still here in
            comparison to say the Millenium? I suspect not many.</blockquote>
        </div>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <p>I'm still here from the day the list was started, and before.
      Times and places have changed so I don't really have much of
      anything to say. I'm currently living near Crescent City,
      California in that semi isolated area usually referred to as being
      behind the redwood curtain (i.e. isolated and harder to get to).
      I've the only Triumph currently being used as a daily driver.
      There is a gray TR3 not far away that very seldom gets driven by
      someone not interested in Triumph comradery and a black TR3 about
      15 miles up north which I have only seen twice. Then there are a
      couple stalled TR3 projects in garages. No real Triumph comradery
      here and no signs of the other TRs. So nothing really to write
      about.  And of course there isn't the traffic nor comradery on
      this list that used to exist. I'm still here but with nothing
      really to say or share. I've recently replaced the U-joints and
      the clutch slave cylinder that have worn out. Nothing newsworthy.
      Other than that she's still a daily driver, but gets used mostly
      as a grocery getter. No club rides other than one or two drives a
      year with a couple local MGB and Big Healey owners. <br>
    </p>
    <p>Here, still driving but nothing to write about.<br>
          TeriAnn</p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <img src="cid:[email-masked]"
      moz-do-not-send="false">
    <div class="moz-signature">-- <br>
      <p align="center"><a href="http://overlandtravel.us">Book - The
          Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United States and
          Canada</a>
        <br>
        2 years to write and 38 years of travel and camping to learn
        what to write<br>
        <br>
        <b>Because the world beckons and life waits for no one</b></p>
    </div>
  </body>
</html>
--------------9CPOgejVVT59JRujkP4I97Fs
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="TR2025.jpg"
Content-Id: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--------------9CPOgejVVT59JRujkP4I97Fs--

--------------0TmiQYohOlbCRiDRI2wTdCps--

--===============0742811330153334448==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============0742811330153334448==--

---

From: dave northrup <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2025 18:06:26 +0000

--===============6752732430024738996==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_004_54d5fee1abf241fe84056cece024cde1ranteercom_";
	type="multipart/alternative"

--_004_54d5fee1abf241fe84056cece024cde1ranteercom_
	boundary="_000_54d5fee1abf241fe84056cece024cde1ranteercom_"

--_000_54d5fee1abf241fe84056cece024cde1ranteercom_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_54d5fee1abf241fe84056cece024cde1ranteercom_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_54d5fee1abf241fe84056cece024cde1ranteercom_--

--_004_54d5fee1abf241fe84056cece024cde1ranteercom_
Content-Description: image001.jpg
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="image001.jpg"; size=1472415;
	creation-date="Mon, 15 Dec 2025 18:06:22 GMT";
	modification-date="Mon, 15 Dec 2025 18:06:25 GMT"
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_004_54d5fee1abf241fe84056cece024cde1ranteercom_--

--===============6752732430024738996==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============6752732430024738996==--

---

From: Greg Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2025 12:32:30 -0600

--0000000000003a8d91064601d67d

--0000000000003a8d90064601d67c

--0000000000003a8d8f064601d67b
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Teri Ann and listers,

I am still here but don't post too often.  Restored my car about 15 years
ago now, still used, but not daily, but everything still works pretty well.

I do want to say that is so cool that the TR is still your daily.  I daily
drove my TR4A until about 1990 or 91.  Rust from winters and no AC when I
was still wearing suits to work led to the switch to hobby car status.

As far as list traffic, I am guessing there just aren't as many cars being
worked on/restored (maybe driven) as much as owners age out.  I know at 64
I am at the younger end of the curve for British car ownership. I don't see
as much activity on British car forums either.  I am wondering what sort of
sales figures Moss has had over the last three decades or so.

I first came aware of the monster vendors list and thought that was so
great, must have been the early 90s (only had access to the internet
through work).  Late 90s I had an Austin Healey and a computer and joined
the Healey mail list.  2007 or so sold the Healey and bought a TR250 a few
months later and have been on the Triumph list since then.

My other problem with list traffic is that since I went to Gmail it doesn't
work very well.  Mark warned me it would be bad, it has been. I have tried
unblocking and all the things I can think of, still think I get half or
less of the list traffic, no rhyme or reason to it, but I see responses to
questions I have never seen all the time.

I don't see my own replies ever, so don't know if they get posted.
Sometimes people answer, which is nice, guess they go through sometimes.

As far as  British cars I am a bit of a pantheist.  I have had MGs,
Triumphs, Austin Healeys.  Recently got a Jaguar, which is a whole new
adventure.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

Greg Lemon

On Mon, Dec 15, 2025, 11:38=E2=80=AFAM TeriAnn J. Wakeman <tjwakeman@gmail.=
com>
wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 13, 2025 at 5:23=E2=80=AFPM John Macartney <johnbmacartney@gm=
x.com>
> wrote:
>
> Just out of casual interest, how many are still here in comparison to say
>> the Millenium? I suspect not many.
>
> currently living near Crescent City, California in that semi isolated are=
a
> usually referred to as being behind the redwood curtain (i.e. isolated an=
d
> harder to get to). I've the only Triumph currently being used as a daily
> driver. There is a gray TR3 not far away that very seldom gets driven by
> someone not interested in Triumph comradery and a black TR3 about 15 mile=
s
> up north which I have only seen twice. Then there are a couple stalled TR=
3
> projects in garages. No real Triumph comradery here and no signs of the
> other TRs. So nothing really to write about.  And of course there isn't t=
he
> traffic nor comradery on this list that used to exist. I'm still here but
> with nothing really to say or share. I've recently replaced the U-joints
> and the clutch slave cylinder that have worn out. Nothing newsworthy. Oth=
er
> than that she's still a daily driver, but gets used mostly as a grocery
> getter. No club rides other than one or two drives a year with a couple
> local MGB and Big Healey owners.
>
> 2 years to write and 38 years of travel and camping to learn what to writ=
e
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
>

--0000000000003a8d8f064601d67b
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"auto">Teri Ann and listers,<div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=
=3D"auto">I am still here but don&#39;t post too often.=C2=A0 Restored my c=
ar about 15 years ago now, still used, but not daily, but everything still =
works pretty well.<br><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto">I do wa=
nt to say that is so cool that the TR is still your daily.=C2=A0 I daily dr=
ove my TR4A until about 1990 or 91.=C2=A0 Rust from winters and no AC when =
I was still wearing suits to work led to the switch to hobby car status.</d=
iv><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto">As far as list traffic, I =
am guessing there just aren&#39;t as many cars being worked on/restored (ma=
ybe driven) as much as owners age out.=C2=A0 I know at 64 I am at the young=
er end of the curve for British car ownership. I don&#39;t see as much acti=
vity on British car forums either.=C2=A0 I am wondering what sort of sales =
figures Moss has had over the last three decades or so.</div><div dir=3D"au=
to"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto">I first came aware of the monster vendors l=
ist and thought that was so great, must have been the early 90s (only had a=
ccess to the internet through work).=C2=A0 Late 90s I had an Austin Healey =
and a computer and joined the Healey mail list.=C2=A0 2007 or so sold the H=
ealey and bought a TR250 a few months later and have been on the Triumph li=
st since then.=C2=A0=C2=A0</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"aut=
o">My other problem with list traffic is that since I went to Gmail it does=
n&#39;t work very well.=C2=A0 Mark warned me it would be bad, it has been. =
I have tried unblocking and all the things I can think of, still think I ge=
t half or less of the list traffic, no rhyme or reason to it, but I see res=
ponses to questions I have never seen all the time.</div><div dir=3D"auto">=
<br></div><div dir=3D"auto">I don&#39;t see my own replies ever, so don&#39=
;t know if they get posted.=C2=A0 Sometimes people answer, which is nice, g=
uess they go through sometimes.</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=
=3D"auto">As far as=C2=A0 British cars I am a bit of a pantheist.=C2=A0 I h=
ave had MGs, Triumphs, Austin Healeys.=C2=A0 Recently got a Jaguar, which i=
s a whole new adventure.</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto"=
>Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div d=
ir=3D"auto">Greg Lemon</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto"><=
br></div></div></div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=
=3D"gmail_attr">On Mon, Dec 15, 2025, 11:38=E2=80=AFAM TeriAnn J. Wakeman &=
lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferr=
er">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_=
quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1=
ex"><u></u>

 =20
   =20
 =20
  <div>
    <span style=3D"font-family:Arial;font-size:12pt">On Sat, Dec 13,
      2025 at 5:23=E2=80=AFPM John Macartney &lt;</span><a style=3D"font-fa=
mily:Arial;font-size:12pt" href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" rel=3D"no=
opener noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a><=
span style=3D"font-family:Arial;font-size:12pt">&gt; wrote:</span>
    <blockquote type=3D"cite">
      <div style=3D"border-left:1px solid #aaa;box-sizing:border-box;paddin=
g:10px 0 10px 15px;margin:0">
        <div class=3D"gmail_quote">
          <blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8=
ex;border-left:1px solid #cccccc;padding-left:1ex">Just
            out of casual interest, how many are still here in
            comparison to say the Millenium? I suspect not many.</blockquot=
e>
        </div>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <p>I&#39;m still here from the day the list was started, and before.
      Times and places have changed so I don&#39;t really have much of
      anything to say. I&#39;m currently living near Crescent City,
      California in that semi isolated area usually referred to as being
      behind the redwood curtain (i.e. isolated and harder to get to).
      I&#39;ve the only Triumph currently being used as a daily driver.
      There is a gray TR3 not far away that very seldom gets driven by
      someone not interested in Triumph comradery and a black TR3 about
      15 miles up north which I have only seen twice. Then there are a
      couple stalled TR3 projects in garages. No real Triumph comradery
      here and no signs of the other TRs. So nothing really to write
      about.=C2=A0 And of course there isn&#39;t the traffic nor comradery =
on
      this list that used to exist. I&#39;m still here but with nothing
      really to say or share. I&#39;ve recently replaced the U-joints and
      the clutch slave cylinder that have worn out. Nothing newsworthy.
      Other than that she&#39;s still a daily driver, but gets used mostly
      as a grocery getter. No club rides other than one or two drives a
      year with a couple local MGB and Big Healey owners. <br>
    </p>
    <p>Here, still driving but nothing to write about.<br>
      =C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 TeriAnn</p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <img src=3D"https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=3D2&amp;ik=3D7f484a9695&am=
p;attid=3D0.1&amp;th=3D19b2335438a64a9d&amp;view=3Dfimg&amp;fur=3Dip&amp;rm=
=3D19b2335438a64a9d&amp;sz=3Dw1600-h1000&amp;attbid=3DANGjdJ_slU6ITwVJqtGg_=
eKPkffBwLGH5y-Vs2bgKoEilBikPkqWnzC2cRcAW405Q6c47G33xcdW6HnMH6js2vkxazcuU4Tl=
Vp49zuIsM7STVQjyBTZ57yuWrv4tqxk&amp;disp=3Demb&amp;realattid&amp;zw">
    <div>-- <br>
      <p align=3D"center"><a href=3D"http://overlandtravel.us" rel=3D"noref=
errer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">Book - The
          Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United States and
          Canada</a>
        <br>
        2 years to write and 38 years of travel and camping to learn
        what to write<br>
        <br>
        <b>Because the world beckons and life waits for no one</b></p>
    </div>
  </div>
** <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer"=
 target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a> **<br>
<br>
errer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs" rel=3D"noreferr=
er noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/t=
riumphs</a>=C2=A0 <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer=
 noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><b=
r>
<br>
hs/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_bl=
ank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><br=
</blockquote></div>

--0000000000003a8d8f064601d67b--

--0000000000003a8d90064601d67c
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="TR2025.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

--0000000000003a8d90064601d67c--

--0000000000003a8d91064601d67d
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="TR2025.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <ii_19b2330c104337e3df21>

--0000000000003a8d91064601d67d
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--0000000000003a8d91064601d67d--

---

From: Michael Marr <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2025 18:40:04 +0000

--===============0532099065942096874==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_B98FB180C4E44FE784DBAFABA9BF2E84albiontechnicalcom_"

--_000_B98FB180C4E44FE784DBAFABA9BF2E84albiontechnicalcom_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_B98FB180C4E44FE784DBAFABA9BF2E84albiontechnicalcom_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_B98FB180C4E44FE784DBAFABA9BF2E84albiontechnicalcom_--

--===============0532099065942096874==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0532099065942096874==--